Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Can i moisturise with e45 cream until I can get my hands on some moisturiser?!?

I have only really recently started taking care of my skin and I was scared to use moisturiser because my skin is so oily and I didn%26#039;t want to risk it getting worse.





Basically all I%26#039;ve been doing is cleansing with simple foam cleanser twice a day, followed by wiping over simple toner. but yeh I have started to notice the little bits of skin by my nostrils getting dry and slghtyl flakey and also my forehead and chin a little.





I don%26#039;t have any moisturiser at home and was just wondering, would it be okay to use e45 cream until I can go to the shops? Which moisturiser should I buy? I want to buy simple because it%26#039;s really the only brand I can afford and trust :)


can I get moisturisers from simple that wont make my skin oily? thanks a bunch :D





oh, another thought.. I want to start wearing foundation because my skin isn%26#039;t at it%26#039;s best, it%26#039;s a bit patchy in colour. instead of buying moisturiser, should I buy tinted moisturiser? or would this be too oily?





I live in UK so only British/international brands please lol.|||BABY YOU WOULD BE BETTER OFF USING BUTER|||e45 is perfectly fine my family swear by it ... on the other hand im 21 and want some nice classey beauty products to use other than e45. You should try no7 range from boots its really really good .. my skin was really patchy and spotty in places and then dry and then oily but i use their no7 cleanser and toner and moisturiser and it works so well ... they do each one to fit your type of skin so they do toner cleanser and moisturiser for oily combination or dry skin .. i swear by it ...and its 3 for 2 at the moment so get in there ... foundation wise try bobbi brown shes got amazing foundation and the ladies who work there will find one for your skin|||I%26#039;m not sure about the e45 cream, but get simple oil control moisturiser, its really nice|||E45 is a really good moisturizer - highly recommended for your skin, so try it out and see if it really works for you.





Other than that, if you want to find out what moisturizer would do as an alternative, go into a store like Boots and ask one of the cosmetic counter assistants for advice... they%26#039;ll be able to introduce you to products, and may be able to give you testers to try out (in the larger stores).





You should always use moisturizer with foundation, to avoid your skin drying out - I suppose you could use tinted moisturizer, but since it soaks in to your skin, I%26#039;m not sure how good such products would be...





Have a browse in Boots / Superdrug or any local pharmacies and see what%26#039;s on offer - and try out small versions of different moisturizers... you%26#039;ll soon learn what you like - and it doesn%26#039;t have to be expensive to be good :-)|||You sound JUST like me! haha i have e45 cream but it spreads really far and is quite greasy and oily. i use it for my hands and legs now. for my face i use nivea cream (it comes in a blue tub.) it is ideal and unlike e45 it is more %26#039;solid%26#039; than liquidy and its not greasy at all. it works great and i really recomend it!!!!





for now only use the SMALLEST amount of e45 on the face and i mean tiny...it goes a long way!|||e45 is OK for a get-by fix.





For some people, a simple %26#039;fix%26#039; is to apply baby oil to the dry areas and allow to %26#039;soak%26#039; for about 3 minutes prior to washing it off. Even vasoline has worked for some.





With predominately oily skin, your best bet may be a consult with a dermatologist.

No comments:

Post a Comment