Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Moisturiser for hands? (for men).. I have Psoriasis..?

Hi All!





I suffer from Psoriasis for the last 15 years.. for last 2-3 years its almost 95% controlled coz I had PUVA (UV light therapy) treatment in August 2007.. the treatment worked in that it tackled psoriasis but but my hands are now are too wrinkly and dry.. almost like my dad%26#039;s hands and he%26#039;s almost 65 now.. oh and I%26#039;m 28.. the doctors said my hands will be fine in 5-6 months time and its now 2 years almost.. when I talk to doctors, they just tell me to keep using E45 moisturiser and that my hands will be like before with that..





I tried all kinds of creams/lotions that people suggested like Nivea/Vaseline/E45/Dove.. but they work for some time but then my hands get wrinkly and old looking again.. I%26#039;m not using any meds now for Psoriasis coz the spots are almost cleared 100%..





What do you guys/ladies suggests? My prob is only the skin of my hands coz thankfully PUVA didn%26#039;t hurt my face or other skin.. but if its something that I can apply to my face as well I don%26#039;t mind.. I have normal skin.. no probs of it being sensitive or oily :)|||I strongly suggest using this stuff called Aquaphor by Eucerine. I get it at CVS. It has no scent so i think its ok for a guy. The only downside is its kinda greasy. But very moisturizing.


Whatever you chose, make sure Lanolin in a top ingredient. That is the best for dry skin.|||maybe use baby oil or vaseline do a cocoa butter lotion (doesnt look like a cream,more like a thick oil)-goes on nice and absorbs well


http://www.vaseline.co.uk/Carousel.aspx?鈥?/a>





available from superdrug. also look at the palmers cocoa butter range in there too.


so, apply it to your hands then put cotton gloves (or socks) over your hands before bed. locks in moisture and the heat helps too. you can get the gloves from most chemists but they are usually for womem,although they may fit your hands at a stretch!

No comments:

Post a Comment