Wednesday, December 30, 2009

To moisturize, cream or oil?

Do you use cream or oil to moisturize your face? Which is better and why?|||A cosmetic oil from the health food store would be fine to use (just not in massive quantites). I tend to have oily skin, especially in the summer months, so I don%26#039;t use a moisturizer every day, but when I do I rely on a home made cream thats base is sweet almond oil, beeswax, and rosewater. (It also contains a couple other ingredients, including honey and aloe vera gel.) Its really nice stuff, I even use it on my hair. Its lightweight so it doesn%26#039;t just sit in an oily mass on your skin.|||I like cream because it penetrates your skin, whereas oil stays on top and leaves your skin feeling greasy. There are so many great moisturizers out there today that are available in grocery stores and drug stores as opposed to having to buy them at the cosmetic counter in a department store. I wish they would market some targeted at men though - my husand won%26#039;t use my moisturizers because they smell too feminine, but they%26#039;re good for his skin!!|||I%26#039;d only suggest vitamin e if you ever used any sort of oil on your face - baby oil is mineral oil which is distilled petroleum = not a nice substance on your skin - period.





I use a whole regime it has soap, toner, a serum, eye cream, spf day cream and at night I repeat and use a night cream -


in the mix. I thought it sounded like a chore until my face glowed.





No mineral oils... very unhealthy|||Oils are very gd only if its made to penetrade into the skin effectively. But i will suggest to give it a try first before startin on it. If the oily mantains on the skin for more den 3 mins, den i wuld not consider it to be really good. Sensitive skin types mite have bad reactions to oils as well, forming small white spots on the surface.|||I use cream and it%26#039;s the better choice. Oil would obviously make your face too oily, and may cause you to break out, especially if you%26#039;re skin is sensitive. I would only use oil re; bath/body oil. Cetaphil is a good moisturizer.|||do not use oil it makes acne come up easily|||cream

No comments:

Post a Comment